Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Wednesday 7 June 2017

Hip Hip Hooray - For Spellbinders Spellbloggers

Time for another play with my Spellbinders dies. This time I used the Hip Hip Hooray die set, and enjoyed it so much, I came up with four designs - pop back tomorrow to see the other cards

For this first one, I cut away half the front of the card, and just stuck different sized balloons cut out of paper scraps onto the front. One of those cards that is difficult to photograph, but has quite an impact in real life


and a totally different look for this one. I heat embossed some card that had been swiped with versamark and sprinkled with Wow embossing powders in different shades of pink and purple. I added some glitter and left to cool before cutting out the balloons. The purple background was cut with the  PiercedSquares set (I love these pierced dies to add a bit of interest to a simple shape)

The balloons are gorgeously shiny, textured and glittery.........


Go HERE to check out all the lovely range of Spellbinders dies - they have a great rewards programme as well, where you can earn points for making reviews of products you buy, and quickly add up. There is a great clearance shop as well, a really good way of building up your supplies at bargain prices

Check out my other balloon cards tomorrow......

In other news, the elusive shoes have been hunted down and purchased (I did have a passing thought that I might have to sell a kidney when I saw the price, but what the heck, it's my daughters wedding). To find them involved a cross country drive of around 100 miles, getting lost more than a few times en route despite the best efforts of my sat. nav. After dragging you all along on this journey with me, I'll snap a photo to share tomorrow - they better be comfortable after all this effort! x

8 comments:

  1. Love your cards Enfys, very cute. Well done on finding your shoes too ;)

    You mention the Spellbinder shop - I see it's in the US (hence the great prices - most things are cheaper than here), do you get clobbered by import duties/outrageous delivery charges etc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest Jo, I'm not sure. Because I am on the team I don't pay postage. Their prices, especially the clearance section are amazing. Why don't you do a sample order and see what the postage is like? You can always turn and run......x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting thought :) Mind you, I could always have them shipped to #1 son in California and have #2 son bring them back for me when he visits later this year..... ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh what fun cards. It's amazing how a different a card can look with just a little imagination ... but with your creativity, you always do a fabulous job with that.

    About the shoes ... how wonderful that you found the perfect pair for the wedding. Sorry you had to pay such a high price ... guess that's just part of the price of being a parent. But just think how fab you are going to look! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant as always the dies are amazing your cards are truely stunning and so pleased you managed to finally get your shoes ............and get plenty of wear out of them take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cards! Two very different looks, you're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just realized that I've missed out on several months of your cards, stories, adventures, photos, wedding invitation saga, shoe hunt, Mike's illness....I've been a horrible friend in not hunting you down and commenting! Apparently, I haven't been getting email notifications of your blog posts! I just scroll quickly back, and will take the time to read again from now forward - assuming I continue to receive the emails or see the fb posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maryellen WebberThursday, June 08, 2017

    I love these balloon cards!! Please don't encourage me to visit the Spellbinder store :D I can't wait to see the shoes you bought, maybe you can rent them out after the wedding!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x